Broadcasting Czechoslovak radio. Together again after 30 years!
Czech Radio’s station Dvojka brings back Czechoslovakian broadcasting. To commemorate the anniversary of the signing of the treaty on the dissolution of the common state, Dvojka has prepared a special all-day program for its listeners. Thirty years after the so-called “Velvet divorce”, on Friday August 26th 2022, Czech Radio and Slovak Radio (RTVS) will once again unite and join broadcasts, which will be aired successively from Košice, Brno and Prague throughout the day.
The broadcast will begin at 6:00 a.m. from a studio in Košice with Dalibor Gondík on Ranní Dvojka (Morning Dvojka) together with colleagues from Rádio Regina, the second station of Slovak Radio. Thereafter, at 9:00 a.m. the broadcasting baton will be passed on to the program Jak to vidí with Zita Senková, which will be aired from the stunning Villa Tugendhat in Brno, where the treaty on the dissolution of Czechoslovakia was signed on August 26th 1992 by then Prime Ministers Václav Klaus (CZ) and Vladimír Mečiar (SK). The photographs of these two politicians discussing the disunion in the garden of the Brno villa became symbols for the break-up of the Czech and Slovak Federative Republic. From 10:00 a.m. the broadcast will continue from the Czech Radio headquarters in Vinohrady.
Listeners can look forward to hearing from prominent Czech and Slovak figures, such as Milan Kňažko, historian Michal Stehlík, political scientist Jan Holzer, host and comedian Zuzana Bubílková, photographer Robert Vano, lyricist and producer Michal Horáček, journalists and travel writers Petr David and Vladimír Soukup and many others.
After 30 years, Czechoslovak Radio broadcasts together once again on Friday the 26th of August on the station Czech Radio Dvojka.
- 6:00–9:00 - Ranní Dvojka: Dalibor Gondík and his team in collaboration with presenters from Rádio Regina, broadcasting from Košice studio
- 9:00–10:00 - Jak to vidí…: a special broadcast from Brno’s famous Villa Tugendhat. Host Zita Senkova will speak with guests actor and politician Milan Kňažko, historian Michal Stehlík and politician scientist Jan Holzer
- 10:00–11:00 - Dva na Dvojce with well-known Slovaks living in the Czech Republic. Hosts Šárka Volemanová and Jirka Holoubek chat with Zuzana Bubílková and Robert Vano
- 11:00–12:00 - Blízká setkání: Aleš Cibulka in conversation with Michal Horáček, lyricist of numerous Czechoslovak hit songs
- 13:00–16:00 - Šťastnou cestu: traveling across Slovakia. Host Jana Rosák welcomes guests Petr David and Vladimír Soukup, both journalists and travel writers
- 16:00–17:00 - Káva o čtvrté: Even after 30 years we still get along. Director of the Slovak Institute in Prague Lubica Krénová and Ondřej Bláha from the Department of Czech Studies at Palacký University in Olomouc sit down to talk with host Patricia Strouhalová.
And the greatest Czechoslovak hits all day long!